Under Vice Chancellor Economou, the services provided centrally to foster research expanded. Among the services that now have become part of standard operations are the following:
- Campus subscription to funding opportunity database
- Funding Opportunity Newsletters
- Transparent approach to Limited Submission opportunities and corresponding newsletter
- Workshops & webinars to enhance grantsmanship skills
- Various seed funding mechanisms
The expansion of services of what is now known as the Research Enhancement Office began in 2011.
The above services are now an integral part of the services offered by the Research Enhancement Office.