Workshops, Events & Training Resources
- 2019 Data Science Workshop hosted by the Data Science Institute (DSI) and the University of California July 23-24, 2019
- FORCE11 Scholarly Communication Institute (FSCI) August 5-9 2019
- Food, Energy, and Water Systems ReACt Workshop at New Mexico State University August 13-14, 2019
- Town Hall ith Dr. Chris Fall, Director of the DOE's Office of Science August 23, 2019
UCLA RESEARCH ENHANCEMENT SERIES
The Research Enhancement Series provides grantmaking webinars to support researchers at all career stages. Webinars are free and open to UCLA faculty, researchers, postdoctoral scholars, students, and staff. Each webinar is available on-demand and broken into 5-15 minute segments to be explored at your own pace. Once completing some or all of the segments, participants may post questions to be answered via an online Q&A portal.
The following topics were made available during Fall Quarter 2018. More webinars will be made available soon.
Please note: Access to the webinars expire a year from the date that they become availble.
|Webinar title||date webinar will be made available:|
|Date and time of live q&a and discussion session:|
|Finding and Competing for Graduate Fellowships||Mon., Oct. 1, 2018||Tues., Oct. 1, 2019||Mon., Oct. 8, 2018 (noon – 1 pm)|
|Getting Started: Identifying funding opportunities and analyzing funders||Mon., Oct. 15, 2018||Tues., Oct. 15, 2019||Wed., Oct. 24, 2018 (noon – 1 pm)|
|Grantsmanship 101: Keys to writing effective proposals||Mon., Oct. 22, 2018||Tues., Oct. 22, 2019||Tues., Oct. 30, 2018 (noon – 1 pm)|
|How to Write Successful Grants for Instrumentation||Mon., Oct. 29, 2018||Tues., Oct. 29, 2019||Tues., Nov. 6, 2018 (noon – 1 pm)|
|Competing for Funding from the National Science Foundation||Mon., Nov. 12, 2018||Tues., Nov. 12, 2019||Mon., Nov. 19, 2018 (noon – 1 pm)|
|Competing for Funding from the National Institutes of Health||Mon., Nov. 26, 2018||Tues., Nov. 26, 2019||Tues., Dec. 4, 2018 (noon-1pm)|
For more details and instructions regarding how to access the above webinars that occurred during Fall Quarter 2018, please visit https://ucla.box.com/v/UCLAREO-RESFall18-Instructions. Note: If you are part of UCLA Health Sciences, please login to your UCLA Health Sciences Box via https://uclahs.account.box.com/login, then visit https://ucla.box.com/v/UCLAREO-RESFall18-Instructions.
Subscribers to the REO’s funding opportunity Newsletters Services above will receive notices. If you wish to subscribe, please visit: bit.ly/uclareo-subscribe.
You may VIEW RECORDINGS AND SLIDES FOR PAST WEBINARS IN THE SERIES HERE (Please log in to UCLA box with your UCLA logon ID. Contact BOL at [email protected] or by phone at (310) 267-4357 if you need help logging into your account or are experiencing issues related to your account.)
For more information or to propose topics for future events, please contact [email protected].
FOUNDATION CENTER WEBINARS
GrantSpace, a service of the Foundation Center, offers information and resources to provide know-how for securing funding from foundations or individuals. Many of their online webinars, resources, and classes are free. Please visit their training webpage for more information.
GRANT WRITING RESOURCES
This e-book provides an invaluable tool to help new faculty get started. Addresses the key competitive strategies and grant writing skills new faculty need to master for funding success at federal agencies and foundations.
What all faculty and research professionals need to know about writing center-level proposals in a team environment This book is a step-by-step guide for faculty and research professionals transitioning to large team grants.
Other CAMPUS offices which host workshops & Events
|First Fridays, workshops in entrepreneurship, industry networking sessions, and more events from the UCLA Technology Development Group: http://tdg.ucla.edu/news-events|
|UCLA CTSI Events Page||Events, Workshops, and Seminars from the UCLA Clinical and Translational Science Institute: http://www.ctsi.ucla.edu|
|UCLA Graduate Division Professional and Career Development Site||Provides graduate students and postdoctoral scholars with diverse opportunities to build practical, professional, and networking skills and mentoring relationships. Sponsored by the Graduate Division in partnership with many other campus entities: http://grad.ucla.edu/careerhub/|
|IDRE Events Page||The Institute for Digital Research and Education (IDRE) is a cooperative of faculty and technologists working to advance the existing body of computing knowledge and expertise at UCLA.|
The IDRE mission is to support, advance and guide a campus-wide program to position UCLA as a world leader in research and education in computational thinking, using high performance computation, data visualization and data analysis of large data sets and databases.
- Fay Cook Visit to UCLA June 7-8, 2018
- MRSEC Planning Workshop June 8, 2018
- NSF MRSEC Workshop September 25, 2018
- Mark Rosker Visit to UCLA October 29, 2018
- Bill Easterling Visit to UCLA November 1-2, 2018
- Research opportunities in Europe: Information sessions on grants and fellowships in California for researchers of all nationalities and research fields at USC November 6, 2018
- An Introduction to OptumLabs Data Warehouse by OptumLabs and UCLA CTSI November 29, 2018
- Congress 101 Workshop organized by UCLA Federal Government Relations December 12, 2018
- Bio Security Workshop at Arizona State University, co-organized with Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) January 18, 2019
- Sexual & Gender Minority Research Workshop hosted by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) February 22, 2019
- The New ABCs of Research: Achieving Breakthrough Collaborations with Ben Shneiderman March 15, 2019
- Therapeutic Antibody Laboratory (TAL) in DGSOM: Advancing New Biological Insights to Create Clinic-Ready Drugs April 2, 2019
- Town Hall with Robert Daly – “Tariffs, Technology & Trains: Lessons from the First Phase of U.S.-China Rivalry” April 10, 2019
- UC Lab Fees Workshop on Accelerator Research April 19, 2019
- Spring 2019 National Science Foundation (NSF) Grants Conference May 20-21, 2019
- UC Pitch Day June 28, 2019