On June 1, 2022, the Office of Research & Creative Activities (ORCA) and the Centennial Celebration for UCLA hosted a reception on campus to honor faculty whose research or other creative work has had a beneficial public impact. The first recipients of UCLA’s Public Impact Research Awards were:
- Laura S. Abrams (joint award), Professor and Chair, Department of Social Welfare, UCLA Meyer and Renee Luskin School of Public Affairs
- Elizabeth Barnert (joint award), Associate Professor, UCLA Department of Pediatrics
- Dana Cuff, Director, cityLAB UCLA, Professor, Architecture and Urban Design & Core Faculty, Urban Humanities Initiative
- Alex Hall, Professor, UCLA Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences & Director, UCLA Center for Climate Science
- Kelly Lytle Hernandez, the Thomas E. Lifka Endowed Chair of History, Professor of History, African American Studies, and Urban Planning & Director, Ralph J. Bunche Center for African American Studies
- Thomas B. Smith, Distinguished Professor, UCLA Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability, Founder and Co-Executive Director, Congo Basin Institute & Founding Director, Center for Tropical Research
For more information, visit the UCLA Newsroom site.