The Undergraduate Research Center – Sciences (URC-Sciences) will be accepting applications for the 2022-2024 Integrated and Interdisciplinary Undergraduate Research Program (i2URP), a two year program for students to develop science communication and presentation skills, become practiced in analyzing scientific literature, and develop a deeper understanding of the research process. Participants work with program faculty during weekly Journal Club and Research Presentation meetings, which explore a range of biomedical research topics and the cohort’s independent research projects.
- Attend and participate in weekly Journal Club and Research Presentation meetings (Fridays, 4:00-6:30pm) from late fall to spring. Students will formally enroll in Research Practice 193 during Winter and Spring 2023 and 2024.
- Meet quarterly with the Administrative Director
- Submit an abstract by April 15 to present at Undergraduate Research Week in May 2023 & 2024
- Submit an abstract to at least one regional or national conference by Spring 2024
- Attend the senior sendoff in May 2022 and 2023, and present your research project in May 2024
- Complete the exit survey in Spring 2024
- Complete the RES PRC 193 course evaluation in Spring 2023 and 2024
To learn more about the program and how to apply application, visit the URC-Sciences website.
Award Amount and Details
Deadlines and Date Information
Applications for the 2022-2024 Integrated and Interdisciplinary Undergraduate Research Program (i2URP) are due Fall 2022 (Dates TBD).
This program is particularly suited for students interested in graduate studies and careers in biomedical research.
Students apply as juniors and participate in the program through the end of their senior year.
Eligibility requirements include:
- 3.5 GPA minimum
- Must have a current research project with a UCLA faculty and plan to work with them through Spring 2024
- Expected graduation date of Spring 2024 or later
- Interested in pursuing graduate studies and careers in biomedical research