The UCLA Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) provides the infrastructure to translate scientific discoveries into innovations that improve health in Los Angeles and the nation. To achieve its mission and advance translational research, the CTSI periodically awards vouchers to defray the cost of core services. Under this RFA, the CTSI T1/T2 Accelerator Program (previously known as the Core Voucher Program) will award vouchers worth up to $10,000 in core services to investigators with a faculty appointment at a CTSI partner institution (UCLA Westwood, Cedars-Sinai, Lundquist/Harbor-UCLA, and Charles R. Drew University).
Investigators must be pursuing a project that could immediately benefit from access to the more than 65 cores located on the Lundquist/Harbor-UCLA, Cedars-Sinai, or UCLA Westwood campuses. See opportunity website for more details.
Applicants are highly encouraged to discuss their proposals and budget with the relevant cores and core directors prior to submitting the application.
Award Amount and Details
Up to $10,000
- Under this RFA, the CTSI will award vouchers worth up to $10,000 in core services to investigators at all CTSI partner institutions (UCLA Westwood, Cedars-Sinai, Lundquist/Harbor-UCLA, and Charles R. Drew University).
Deadlines and Date Information
The due dates listed below are the most recent due dates our office is aware of. Please see the opportunity home page for information about potential upcoming deadlines or other opportunities.
- Applications may be submitted March 7 – April 4, 2022 at 5 PM PT.
- Awards are expected to be announced in July 2022.
Principal Investigator (UCLA Westwood):
- All full-time faculty with appointments in any of the Professorial Series, as well as clinical instructors in the School of Medicine, are eligible to apply. Junior Investigators (within 5 years of their academic appointment) will receive priority consideration. More information regarding the Professorial Series may be obtained at: https://apo.ucla.edu/content/professorial-series.
- Investigators with appointments in the Professional Research Series (defined at: https://apo.ucla.edu/policies-forms/the-call/professional-research-series/professional-research-series) may apply by one of two mechanisms.
- (1) Those participating in supervised research should apply under their lab mentor’s name as a Co-Investigator.
- (2) Those requesting support for projects that are independent of their lab mentor may be eligible to apply directly, but must first contact CTSI T1/T2 Accelerator Program no later than March 21, 2022, prior to submitting their application.
Co-Investigator (1 per application)
- Non-faculty researchers (professional researchers, project scientists, research scientists, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students) are eligible to be listed as a Co-Investigator on a faculty member’s application. Please note that a faculty member may still only submit one application.
Previous voucher recipients may apply only if a different proposal is being submitted. Continuations/extensions of previously awarded proposals are not eligible.