Cinvestav and University of California Alianza MX (UC Alianza MX) are pleased to announce the first “Call for Collaborative Research Proposals in Basic and Applied Sciences between Cinvestav and the University of California.”
- The main objective of the program is to enable the establishment of new collaborative research initiatives with potential for creating permanent ties between Cinvestav and the University of California that will grow and continue with the support of other institutional and extramural funds.
AREAS OF PRIORITY
- Proposals are expected to lead to development of major, long-term collaborations among groups of researchers from both institutions, and to significantly advance knowledge in:
- Plant genomics
- Marine sciences
- And other related disciplines with a positive impact on society.
The program favors projects that also enhance student training and researcher exchanges.
Award Amount and Details
The following funds will be provided by Cinvestav and the University of California:
|Institution||Cash Contribution||Contribution in Kind|
(approx. $100,000 USD)
|Research workshop organization|
|University of California||$2,000,000 MXN ($100,000 USD)
An additional sum of up to $50,000 USD per project will be made available for travel expenses to participate in research workshops hosted by Cinvestav.
- Selected proposals will be funded for two years.
- Awardees will be contacted on Monday, November 28 and the full list will also be published on the UC Alianza MX website.
- Please see the Application PDF for more details.
Deadlines and Date Information
- Research proposals must be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com.
- Proposals must be received by Friday October 28, 2022 at 11:59 pm PT.
- University of California PIs:
- Must meet eligibility criteria for research or training contracts and grants by academic appointees in the following title groups: (1) Members of the Academic Senate, including emeriti; (2) Appointees in the Agronomist series, including emeriti; (3) Appointees at 50 percent or more of full time in the Adjunct Professor series, the Clinical Professor series, the Professional Research Series, or the Cooperative Extension Specialist series.
- Cinvestav PIs:
- Must be full-time researchers (Investigador Cinvestav Nivel 3)
- Postdoctoral researchers and students are not eligible to submit proposals.
- Each proposal must be co-directed by eligible Principal Investigators (PIs) from Cinvestav and the University of California.
- Eligible proposals must include at least two (2) PIs from either Cinvestav or the University of California.
- The PI may submit only one original proposal to this call.